Cloud-based applications, like Microsoft’s Office 365, are increasingly gaining popularity in today’s fast-paced world. With various updates and increased integration with Microsoft apps, most businesses are quick to adapt to these changes for better work solutions. With that in mind, Office 365 just introduced its latest update, a simplified login solution to Yammer. If you’re not familiar with the name, don’t worry, we’ll take a quick look at Yammer and how this simplified login works to help your business.
What is Yammer?
Yammer is Microsoft’s social network platform, focusing on your business and your organization’s clientele. In order to join, you must have a working email address from your company’s domain, which will also enable you to create external networks to allow non-employees like suppliers and customers to communicate with your company effectively and easily.
What is simplified login and how do I turn it on?
Simplified login integrates Yammer and Office 365 through user mapping to save you time when signing into Yammer via Office 365. Here’s how to turn on the simplified login feature:
- Administrators must sign into Office 365 using the global administrator account.
- Select Admin, Sharepoint; and once in Sharepoint admin center, select Settings.
- On the Settings page, under Enterprise Social Collaboration, select Use Yammer.com service.
- Click on Yammer from Office 365 to check that you won’t have to log in again and can start connecting with people right away.
If you previously made Yammer the primary social experience for your organization, you can enable this for your Office 365 users by following these steps:
- Access Sharepoint admin center and select Settings.
- Under Enterprise Social Collaboration, click the Use Sharepoint Newsfeed button to clear previous settings
- Select Use Yammer.com service and click Ok to apply changes. Each of these two updates might take up to 30 minutes to complete
- Once you’re done, Yammer will replace Newsfeed in the Office 365 navigation.
Keep in mind that users without existing Yammer accounts are taken to a streamlined signup and verification process. And although user mapping saves time, it’s not a complete single sign-on solution, meaning when you go to Yammer.com directly or use Yammer mobile apps, you still need to log in with your Yammer.com credentials. Looking to learn more about Office 365 and its functions? Call us today and see how we can help.