Of the two major mobile operating systems, Android is heralded as being more open, as you have access to the phone operating system code. Users are encouraged to tinker with their phones by installing apps that make their phone unique to them. While there are a number of ways to tailor the OS, users are fairly limited at managing phone calls and texts.
If you are looking for an app to better manage your calls and texts, check out Sanity.
Sanity has a number of excellent features Android users, and people who get a lot of calls, will find useful. Some of these include:
- Record a call – If you are constantly using your phone for business, or talking with clients and would like a way to remember what was said, this app allows you to record phone calls. They will be stored as a format that can be read by computers and phones alike. Of course, you will want to let the caller know that the conversation is being recorded.
- Caller or SMS announcement – Sometimes you are in a place where you can’t look at your screen to see who is calling before answering. This app has a feature that will speak the name of the caller, so you know who it is on the other end. This feature also works for text messages, and will say the name of the text sender.
- The ability to block calls and SMS – If you keep getting telemarketers calling you, or spam texts, you can create a blocked call and SMS list which the app will not allow through.
- Urgent call list – There are likely one or two people that you always answer the phone for, and if your phone is on silent, you could miss their call. With Sanity you can create an urgent call list that will ignore current phone settings and allow the phone to ring (only for people on the urgent call list).
- Automatic answer and loudspeaker – If you are driving, on a train, or in a situation where you can’t otherwise answer your phone, Sanity can be set up to automatically answer your calls. You can also configure it to turn on loudspeaker automatically as well.
The interesting thing about this app is that almost every feature has advanced options that allow you to really tailor your phone’s calling and SMS features. There are a nearly endless amount of ways you can use the app, and employees or business owners who use Android devices will definitely benefit from it, if they want more control over their calls and texts.
The best thing is, the app is free, although if you like it, you can chose to donate to the developer. If you’re interested in learning more about Sanity, you can download it from the Google Play store here, or you can get in touch with us. We would be happy to discuss how Android devices can make your day easier.