One of Google’s biggest strengths is the creation of products that on the surface are simple, and often seemingly lacking. Dig a little deeper however, and you’ll notice that what might seem like a simple program is in fact an intricate mish mash of different programs. This is especially true for Calendar. It doesn’t really impress at first glance, but there are some great features that can really help you stay organized. One of the best of these is Tasks.
Here’s how you can get the most out of Tasks.
To access Tasks sign into your Google account and go to google.com/calendar. You can also click on Calendar, located along the top bar of any Google website. From there, look under My calendars and click on Tasks. The Tasks bar will pop up on the right-hand side of the window.
How to add Tasks
- Click the + at the bottom of the Tasks bar.
- Enter the task in the highlighted yellow space with the blinking cursor.
- Press the arrow beside the task for a more advanced entry mode.
- Press Due Date to assign a date the task is to be completed by.
- Click Back to list to go back to your tasks list.
How to use Tasks
After you have created a few tasks, here are a few ways you can get the most out of Tasks.
- When you complete the task, you can press the box beside the task and it will be crossed off your list.
- To delete the task, click on it and press the trash can icon at the bottom of the bar.
- To clear the task off your list, but not delete it, press Actions and select Clear completed tasks.
- If you want to make a task more important, click on it and select Actions followed by Move up. You can also indent tasks to make them sub-tasks, or move them down.
- For an easy way to add a new task: Click on Month/Day on your calendar, followed by the empty space below the date and above the time. Finally select Task from the event entry window that opens.
- To reassign a time, find the task on your calendar and drag it to the date you want to change it to.
Tasks is a great, free, way to stay organized. If you’d like to learn more about using Google’s products in your organization, please contact us.