As technology becomes more advanced and integrated with day-to-day business, the Web browser has become the hub of nearly all business activity. The only problem with browsers, more specifically Google Chrome, is that theyâ€™re, at first glance, missing functionality that businesses need. With Chrome, you can install apps that will increase its usefulness to your business.
Last week we showcased five great apps for Google Chrome. Because there are so many useful apps on the Chrome store, we decided to showcase five more.
- Write Space. Write Space is an app thatâ€™s a hybrid between Google Docs and Microsoft Office. The app allows users to write in a customizable space with or without an Internet connection. The coolest feature of this app is that it saves automatically, no more losing content when you lose Internet connection or your computer crashes.
- Springpad. Springpad is a notebook tool that allows users to collaborate on projects from a number of devices. Employees can use it to share ideas and information while being able to comment on each otherâ€™s ideas. Combine it with the Springpad extension for Chrome and users can clip articles, pictures or text from Chrome, and paste it into Springpad for others to view. A great tool to encourage brainstorming.
- Offline Gmail. While it would be great if we were connected to the Internet 100% of the time, thatâ€™s not the case for the majority of small business owners. If you use Gmail, you know that you canâ€™t access it when you donâ€™t have an Internet connection. With the Offline Gmail app, you can access your inbox, read and reply to messages which will be sent when you next connect to the Internet. A great tool for those on the road a lot.
- Aviary. Eventually you will need to edit an image and canâ€™t afford to wait on a designer. Aviary is essentially a free version of Adobe Photoshop. With a ton of similar features, thereâ€™s no need to invest large amounts of money when you can do the same thing for free.
- Lucidchart. Lucidchart is an app that allows users to collaborate, in real-time, on charts. If you have a presentation to make and need a colleagues help to get it done, the two of you can work on it together and get the task done faster. Whatâ€™s cool about this app is that it syncs with Google Drive, so your charts are available anywhere. You can also export your work as a .PDF or .JPG.
How to install the apps
All these apps can be found for free on the Google Chrome Web Store. To install an app, open the Web Store and search for the app by its name. Click on the name of the app to open a new page that has more information, reviews and similar apps. To install it, press + Add to Chrome, the app will be automatically added to Chrome. You can access the apps you have installed by pressing the wrench icon at the top right of the window, selecting Settings followed by Extensions.
These apps can help tailor your browsing experience to your needs, and give you a better overall browsing experience. If youâ€™d like more information on apps for Chrome, or other ways you can use Chrome in your business, please contact us.