VoIP is certainly a technology that has come of age. It’s cheap, ubiquitous, and easy to use. Any business, no matter the size, should be using VoIP to increase productivity, efficiency, and cost effectiveness.
If you are running a business, then there is no reason you shouldn’t be using Voice-over-IP, or VoIP, to reduce telecommunications cost, streamline operations, and improve the flexibility for your organization today.
VoIP, simply put, allows telephone communications to run over your data network or the Internet. The benefits of this setup are many, and the following are just a few.
- VoIP allows companies to maximize investments already made in their network infrastructure. The same network which handles the flow of data such as web access and email can now accommodate voice as wellâ€”no need to add and maintain additional wires and devices.
- VoIP can allow you to dramatically reduce the cost of communications, especially for interstate or international communicationsâ€”everything can go through the Internet instead of incurring expensive long distance toll charges.
- VoIP allows your employees to be more productive and efficient by giving them the ability to receive and make calls anywhere with a data connection, using their laptop, mobile phone, tablet, or virtually any device connected to the Internet.
- VoIP increases the number of features you can use with your phone system. For example, it’s easier to add extensions to your phone. You can provide a local number or extension for all your staff without additional costs or cabling. You can also set up sophisticated auto answering routines and call routing. You can marry voice messages with email and faxes all in one inbox.
- You can use VoIP as a tool for real-time collaborationâ€”along with video conferencing and screen sharing. You can employ presence technologies that come standard with VoIP phones and VoIP communication systems. Communicate with colleagues about your presence or receive info on the status and whereabouts of your staff.
Previously, all these benefits were only available with a big price tag and a critical limitationâ€”the unavailability or unreliability of the company’s Internet connectionâ€”but not anymore. With the great strides made in technology and the wide availability and affordability of broadband connections over the last few years, VoIP is now readily within reach for many businessesâ€”large or small.
VoIP is certainly a technology that has come of age. It’s cheap, ubiquitous, and easy-to-use, and any business should have VoIP in their toolset. If you are interested in learning more about how VoIP can help your business, contact us today to find out more!