Most small and medium businesses can’t afford the luxury of a qualified IT administrator, let alone an entire IT department. If youâ€™re in this position, how do you maintain the information technology infrastructure thatâ€™s critical to your organization?
One option is Managed Services, in which you outsource this role to an IT expert called a â€œmanaged services provider,â€ which will typically offer on-site or remote network and security monitoring, data backup and technical support.
Because the Managed Services model allow a business to focus on its core competencies, it is increasing in popularityâ€”but sometimes itâ€™s hard to separate the real benefit from the hype.
Whatâ€™s the value to you?
- Peace of mind. Your managed services provider will monitor your IT infrastructure and prevent or resolve any problemsâ€”a sharp diversion from the traditional â€œfix it when it breaksâ€ model of IT management.
- Simplicity. Your managed services provider will provide many of its services remotely, via the Internet, instead of through on-site visits. This reduces time and cost.
- Constant support. You donâ€™t have to worry about support; your Â managed services provider will offer the assistance you need, when you need it.
- Affordability. Managed services providers typically offer several price structures, including a per-month feeâ€”which is much lower than the cost of building an in-house IT support department.
- Accountability. Have you ever tried to resolve an IT problem only to find that one vendor blames it on another who blames it on another? With managed services, you donâ€™t have to go to multiple vendors to figure out why your network is down or youâ€™ve experienced a security breach. Youâ€™ll have one point of contact: your managed services provider.
Want to learn more about how Managed Services can give you dependable IT with predictable costs? Give us a call.